One new idea (for me, anyway) that I have come across is dry skin brushing. One of the benefits is that it helps the lymphatic system do it's job of cleaning out the toxins from the body. The immune system is also boosted.
At first it seemed like a real weird idea, but I decided to try it since it was inexpensive to buy the brush, and it didn't seem like it could do harm.
Here is a video explaining why and how to brush your skin.
So I bought a natural bristle brush at Target that looks similar to this one. It was in the cosmetics area and cost around $6. My handle can come off. Some do not. It doesn't really matter.
Every morning I brush my dry skin. It takes about 5 minutes, I guess, and feels so good. I have noticed that my skin is softer. Also, my immune system seems to be stronger. (Probably from this and from my diet change.) A few weeks ago my grandson was quite sick with a cold and an ear infection. I was with him and he sneezed in my face. A few days later, I started to sneeze and knew a cold was coming on. In total, I sneezed for 2 days, had a bit of a runny nose for part of one day, and that was it. Whereas my grandson still sick. I have been susceptible to bronchitis most of my adult life. Yesterday I could feel the beginnings in my lungs. Today, it feels like I am halfway better.
Whether or not the health benefits are all in my mind, it feels good enough to continue.
Whether or not the health benefits are all in my mind, it feels good enough to continue.
Do you still do this? I'd like an update.
ReplyDeleteYes, I still brush nearly every morning. My husband does, too.
ReplyDeleteI had lost about 10 or 15 pounds, and one day I was standing in just the right light and my husband commented that the weight loss was making my face look more wrinkled. I knew this would be the case.
That is about the time I started brushing. I have now lost 30 pounds and it seems to me that I have less wrinkles in my face. I realize this is not a scientific statement, and I didn't take any before and after pictures to compare, but I do think it is affecting that.
It is supposed to stimulate the collagen in the skin.