It's about time to feel better.

This past year has been one of new discoveries about health. I would like to share a bit of what I have learned and some of the fabulous, healthful recipes.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipe - Yamadillas


This is a great recipe. I am not usually a yam fan, but this recipe was the exception.  I tried it out on five carnivorous adults, and they all liked it.  Even with the chipotle added, it is not a spicy dish.  It was delicious with the toppings.  

(The name rhymes with quesadillas.)

Yamadillas

INGREDIENTS

4cups Yams (2 lbs)
2tbsp vegetable broth
2tbsp chopped green chiles
2tsp lime juice
1tsp minced chipotle in adobe sauce
3/4teaspoon ground cumin
1/2teaspoon minced garlic
One 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
8tortillas or Flatouts
Salsa, tomatoes, guacamole, avacado, sour cream, or cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

1.1) Put the yams in a saucepot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 12 minutes, until soft. Drain off the water and add the vegetable broth. Mash with a potato masher until smooth, then stir in chiles, lime juice, chipotle, cumin and garlic. Mix well, stir in the black beans and stir again.
2.2) Heat a large non-stick griddle on the stove over medium heat. Spread some of the yam mixture on tortilla or Flatout, then put a second tortilla or Flatout on top. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden, making sure not to burn. Repeat with the other tortillas or Flatouts. Cut into into four or eight triangles and serve with tomatoes, salsa and/or guacamole spooned over the top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! I love reading your blog and hearing about new recipes! Two Thumbs Up!

    ReplyDelete