It's about time to feel better.

This past year has been one of new discoveries about health. I would like to share a bit of what I have learned and some of the fabulous, healthful recipes.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Recipe - Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal

This is a nice, warm breakfast for those cold winter mornings.  Much healthier than the processed, packaged oatmeal, it cooks up in minutes.  Yum!

Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal

INGREDIENTS

1cup apple juice
1cup water
1medium apple, cored and chopped
1cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4cup raisins
1/8teas cinnamon
1/8teas salt

slivered almonds

INSTRUCTIONS

1.In a medium saucepan, bring apple juice, water, and chopped apple to a boil over medium to high heat. Stir in oats, raisins, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Spoon into bowls and top with slivered almonds.
2.Makes 2 generous servings

1 comment:

  1. I had some of this and enjoyed it so much I had seconds. Delish!

    ReplyDelete