It's about time to feel better.

This past year has been one of new discoveries about health. I would like to share a bit of what I have learned and some of the fabulous, healthful recipes.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Recipe - Gluten Free Wheat Thins

Here is a yummy cracker to make with the leftover almond pulp from making almond milk.  I've always hated throwing that away, and now there is a great way to use it.  The first time I made it, I hadn't made almond milk but had some almond pulp from a previous time that I had dried.  I moistened it and it worked really well.  I don't think finely ground almond flour would work, but almonds ground in a food processor would.

Wheat Thins

INGREDIENTS

1cup firmly packed almond pulp
2tablespoons golden flaxmeal
1tablespoon grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
1/2teaspoon celtic sea salt
1tablespoon honey

INSTRUCTIONS

1.Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
2.Roll dough into a ball, press between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll to 1/4-inch thickness
3.Remove top piece of parchment paper
4.Transfer the bottom piece with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
5.Cut dough into 2-inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
6.Bake (or dry in dehydrator) at 135° for at least 20 hours (yes, 20 hours), or until crunchy
7.Let crackers come to room temperature on baking sheet, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment