There is nothing new in a tin foil dinner. (Okay, technically an aluminum foil dinner.) Campers have been eating them for a very long time, cooked in the coals of the fire.
A few nights ago we had this dinner. No meat. Potatoes, carrots, red onion, zucchini, Mrs. Dash spice blend, a few little slivers of butter on top. Wrapped it in 3-4 layers of foil and grilled it on the top rack of the grill for about 40 minutes.
It was so delicious! I wish I had put a bit of garlic on it. Next time maybe a few more vegetables. The biggest problem was wrapping it, because of the amount of food. So I alternated which direction the foil went and got it all covered with 4 layers. Maybe a bigger sized foil next time?
It would be a delicious dish to go with Black Bean Burgers, but it was all we had and was enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment