It's about time to feel better.

This past year has been one of new discoveries about health. I would like to share a bit of what I have learned and some of the fabulous, healthful recipes.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Recipe - Taco Soup

This soup has a nice flavor.  Just a little zippy on the hot scale.  My tolerance for spicy is not much.  What a wimpy mouth.  My husband and son-in-law both said the spice was just the right amount of hot. 

The taco seasoning I used was homemade, without any unnecessary ingredients in it.  If you would like the recipe, I have posted it here.

Enjoy!

Taco Soup

INGREDIENTS

14oz dark red kidney beans
14oz canned pinto beans
14oz canned diced tomatoes
14oz canned tomatoes with green chilis
1oz. ranch dressing mix
1large onion
6vegetarian burgers, crumbled
14oz canned yellow corn
1oz taco seasoning mix
5cups water

garlic, oregano, & red pepper flakes to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

1.Do not drain beans or tomatoes. Brown burgers and crumble. Add all ingredients in a 4-5 quart crock pot. Cook on low 4 hours or until onion is done, flavors mingle, and is heated through. Or 45 minutes on stove top.

No comments:

Post a Comment